Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Fever!


He's even in the desert, you know!
So, it happened. I caught Christmas Fever!  To be fair, I’d been actively courting it since November 30th, but a busy schedule and distinct lack of real Christmas trees in Satwa meant that I was a little delayed in getting on board.  Thankfully, that’s all changed, and my new (oh so beautiful) tree is resplendent at Harvarde Towers.

Don’t ask quite how we managed to fit it into a four door saloon car, suffice to say I ended up in the back seat with my face pressed against the rear view window for the journey home, but oh, it was worth it.  I’m actually excited when my key is in the lock each night, knowing the beautiful twinkly vision that awaits me.  And the smell of fresh tree is just a joy!

In addition to the tree I have a variety of festive treats around the house:  stockings, crackers, Bethlehem snow globe (no, really), Bethlehem donkey, Christmas candles, festive room spray, Christmas tunes, movies….oh it’s such a treat being home right now!

As I had the foresight to take a day off work last week to plough through the Christmas shopping, there’s also piles and piles and PILES of presents under the tree.  Now it’s time to go through the now traditional ‘will they won’t they make it stress’ due to the hideous UK weather. I have everything crossed. 

No comments: