Sunday, November 27, 2011

Spotted!


Eurgh is all I'm saying..
Regular readers will know my on/off again love affair with bootcamp.  When it’s good (i.e you are going regularly) it’s really really good.  When it’s bad (i.e you haven’t been for months – hello!) it’s horrid.  It can also be a pain to get to – after a 10 or 12 hour day it can be hard to find the motivation to schlep your way across the city to their usual park or beach location.

So when we heard about a new Downtown bootcamp, our hearts leapt. We signed up faster than a rat up a palm tree.  And in the main, it’s good. Typical bootcamp fayre: running, circuits, boxing.  The one thing I hadn’t considered was how many of my friends live in Downtown.  Added to which my office is in Downtown.  Added to which Downtown is a very popular destination to visit even if you don’t live or work here.  This means HUGE potential for being spotted by someone that you know, whilst looking far from your best.

Last week the worst finally happened.  I had an email from an old friend that I haven’t seen in quite some time.  “I saw someone that looked quite a bit like you running through Downtown clutching what looked like a basketball.  Can you confirm or deny?!”

Sadly I had to admit that this was indeed me.  Thankfully the friend was either too far away or too kind to also describe the sweaty mess that was me in any more detail.  Is a disguise taking things too far in future?!

No comments: