Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jaw Dropping Burj Khalifa


It's big and beautiful!

I may have mentioned a few times just how close I live to the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.  It’s the first thing I see when I pop out of my front door in the morning and I can see it from my office window.  It’s an omnipresent feature of my life.  And I may also mentioned how much I adore it: the design, the scale, and OH the twinkly sparkliness of it each night!

I try never to take it for granted and this morning I had a little reminder of why I never should.  The metro station is just next to the office, and as I made my way into work I passed the usual crowd of people making their way from the station to work.  And this morning, a little unusually, there were a few tourists (they’re not usually up and about so early.  Come 7 pm when I’m leaving work, they’re everywhere).  

I watched as one of them walked out, stopped and looked up.  And up.  And up.  And then erupted into a roar of laughter and a giant smile.  It has that effect on people, the Burj Khalifa.  It’s jaw-droppingly, mind-bogglingly huge.  Already looking forward to seeing its effect on the next set of visitors… 

No comments: