Sunday, September 18, 2011

Incredible India


Just beautiful...

I’m back from India!  My first trip there last May was extremely relaxing and this time was more of the same. One night in the most beautiful boutique hotel you’ve ever seen, three nights on a super gorgeous houseboat and four nights in an island hotel for the wedding of a lovely friend.  Wonderful trip.

What were the highlights?  Well, I’m a sucker for a wedding and it was a beautiful event.  Catholic church wedding followed by two reception parties.  Oh, and the two parties beforehand.  They know how to celebrate in India!

But before all the partying there were those four blissful nights spent exploring Allepey and cruising round the backwaters….possibly the most relaxing way to ever spend any time (apart from Creek Park joy on Saturdays in Dubai, that is!).  I romped my way through no less than six books, some of which I’d been waiting to read for months. 

There’s something quite magical about pootling along a river on a beautiful boat, with lush green scenery, sunshine, clouds and delicious company.  Oh and did I mention we had our own lovely team of people looking after us? Boat driver, cook, and one extra person (not sure what their actual job title was) to cater to our every whim.

Add into this that India is just 3.5 hours away from Dubai, and never usually more than 300 quid to get to and you can understand why it’s such a hit with everyone here.  My next trip will be to Mumbai.  After the major trip to Palestine, of course!

No comments: