Monday, February 14, 2011

Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!

It's not quite this cold...
A major occurrence last night: I slept without the AC on.  For the first time in 3 years.  This may mean nothing to those outside the city, but it's a major talking point amongst ex-pats as a gauge of what the weather is like.  Some people embrace a Dubai winter with gusto, shutting their AC off from November - March with no problem, but not me.  I'm extremely warm blooded, and could feel hot whilst locked in a chest freezer.  This can cause no end of problems when (ahem) sharing close quarters - for example a bedroom - with someone who doesn't like their nightly rest to resemble Siberia.

But this week it's been positively chilly, and after a launch event at the divine Armani terrace (do get involved if you haven't already), where gale force nine winds almost blew the fountains over us, followed by a trot home through aforementioned gale, I was ready for some heat.  After curling up under a blanket on the sofa as the wind howled around the apartment, I took myself off to bed. It was only as I drifted off that I realised the AC was off, and I just didn't have the nergy to switch it on.  I woke up this morning slightly flushed, but not having crumbled into the usual hot heap I would have done. Dubai winters: Love them!

No comments: