Tuesday, July 06, 2010

There's No Place Like....

I’m homesick. Which isn’t something that you hear me say very often.  You might have gathered that I love living in Dubai and throw myself into life here with all the enthusiasm that you’d expect from, well, me. But now, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, I have an overwhelming and uncontrollable urge to get myself home. There’s been a few factors that have contributed….V left Dubai for Manchester, S arrived back in Manchester after travelling, my mum hasn’t been very well, neither has M’s brother..oh and a certain someone is pregnant. Which is all conspiring to make me feel like I need to be home. Pronto.

Thankfully my e-ticket for my next trip home just hit my in-box, so the countdown has begun. The usual ridiculous itinerary is being crafted (what do you mean, am, pm and evening slots, for each day, are too controlling?!) and I have a little bit more time than usual to catch up with everyone. In a move very untypical of me, I’ve lost my UK SIM card – but obviously don’t leave it until I touch down to get in touch. People, you know what to do…..

No comments: