Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ava…yawn

I realize I am way behind the times on this, but I finally went to see Avatar last night. The usual work diary horrors had conspired against us getting there, made more tricky by the fact that we wanted to see it in 3-D, which is only on one screen, a couple of times a day.

We were all excited about going to see it; I had zero expectations and didn’t really know much about the plotline. “If all else fails, it’s in 3D, which is always a brilliant experience”, we chirped, as we took our seats and sat down in anticipation. How wrong we were. The film is absolute, utter dross. A script so cheesy even a seven year-old would be insulted, a plot which is a rip-off of Pocahontas, all at a pace so slow I wanted to scream at the screen: HURRY UP!!!!

Granted, the 3D element did keep me interested for about, oh, ten minutes. After that it was 2 hours 50 minutes of KILL ME NOW. That’s three hours of my life that I will never get back. Avatar Off!

No comments: