Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Rude Awakening...

It's been a while since I've been woken up my paws poking me from the side of the bed....that was the greeting I received this morning. I'm dog sitting for a friend whilst she travels to the World Economic Forum in Jordan, so last night a very furry bundle called Lucy arrived at my door, complete with food, bowls, lead etc.

We're still getting to know one another but so far things are going fine. I didn't relish dragging myself out of my pit at 7 am to take her for a walk (cats are so much less effort) but once outside I realised that there's a whole canine world out there that I didn't know about. In the space of 15 minutes I met two Jack Russells (one a teeny tiny puppy called Ginger) and a Shit-Zu. Dogs really are a great way to meet people.....

Even at 7 in the morning it was tres hot to be walking around. Lucy downed about three pints of water when we got back inside.

Anyway, I've left her in the kitchen (had to do the age old trick of enticing her in with a treat) so fingers crossed she isn't currently tearing it limb from limb......

I intend to take her on the walk of her life later on to try and tire her out. I can do without a furry alarm clock at 5 am tomorrow.....

No comments: