Sunday, April 19, 2009

Unplanned Debauchery

This weekend was a series of unplanned events…all hilarious. I arrived back from Qatar late n Thursday night. After scuttling into Duty Free at the airport and stocking up on gin, then negotiating the enormous taxi queue, I finally fell through my lobby doors at about 10 pm. One of the joys of living in the same development as various groups of friends is that there’s always someone to have fun with – and I bumped into one group in the lobby. It didn’t take much to convince me to stop off for ‘just one quick glass of wine’. This obviously became two, three, maybe four. After being in Qatar for two days in a dry hotel, it slipped down a little too easily. The balcony we were on has the most spectacular views of the Burj and the fountains, lord knows how high they must be to be visible from such a distance. Much ‘ooohing and aahing’ in between the gossiping and laughing.

I woke up, fully clothed, lying horizontally across my bed at about 11 the next day. You can’t buy class!

No comments: