Sunday, February 01, 2009

Piers...who else?

I'll come right out and admit it: I've always quite liked Piers Morgan. Long before he smarmed onto our screens judging dogs that could dance/sing/spin plates, I always liked what he tried to do with the Mirror, and it was at one point my favourite red top.

In the last week I've been inundated with emails and texts from people who watched the programme he presented on Dubai. You know the one: he lurches from expensive town to expensive town (Monaco and Hollywood will also feature) and gives his verdict on it.

I won't go into a long summary of my views on this as I have espoused them many times. There's a very amusing review here which sums up how I feel.

In a nutshell: it was entertaining, if stereotypical. It was also filmed in September last year, long before thousands of people here started losing their jobs and companies started imposing hire freezes. For the record: it bore no resemblance to my life here whatsever, for those taking part it seemed one long champagne-fuelled party.

1 comment:

Michael Taylor said...

This sums him up.

http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-words-for-new-times.html