Sunday, August 10, 2008

Steamy!

As I’m English, it’s a forgone conclusion that I’m always obsessed with the weather. It is very refreshing to wake up every day not having to worry about what you’re going to where - every day will be hot.

Everyone knows it’s hot in Dubai. Of course it is – it’s in the desert. The one bizarre thing is the humidity. It’s already so humid at 8 am that my sunglasses steam up when I first leave the house! The weather report on my IGoogle usually says 45% humidity – in reality it’s much higher than that.

Another strange thing is that Dubai is rarely clear blue sky – well not in the Summer anyway. Most of the time it’s a sludgy brown colour – as I sit typing in my office looking out of the window it actually looks like an overcast Manchester day! But thankfully, it isn’t.

This weekend the sun shone clearly, the sky was blue, and it was heaven.

No comments: